Monday, February 7, 2011

Mandatory Risks

So take the talent from him and give it to him who has the ten talents. For to everyone who has will more be given, and he will have an abundance. But from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away.
Matthew 25:28-29 English Standard Version

I know that the word "talent" here refers technically to coins, not abilities, but I think that funnily enough that is what the coins are representing: the gifts that God has given us in this life, be they abilities, possessions, statuses, relationships, events in our lives.

God has given everything to us in order for us to use them, not for us to sit on them or pretend we don't have them.

It's been difficult for me to figure out what purpose my talents have, especially the ones that combine my greatest fears, such as singing (enjoyed talent) in front of an audience (greatest fear).

It's not by chance that I can do what I can do. But how and why to do them? Now there's the rub.

No comments:

Post a Comment