Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Sheer Joy of Creating Something

I was there when he established the heavens,
    when he drew the horizon on the oceans.
I was there when he set the clouds above,
    when he established springs deep in the earth.
I was there when he set the limits of the seas,
    so they would not spread beyond their boundaries.
And when he marked off the earth’s foundations,
    I was the architect at his side.
I was his constant delight,
    rejoicing always in his presence.
And how happy I was with the world he created;
    how I rejoiced with the human family!
Proverbs 8:27-31 New Living Translation

As a I read this poem my heart raced--I felt like I was there, up among the clouds, in the oceans, thrilling over each new beauty that God was speaking into existence, realizing it's infinite wisdom and overwhelming beauty second by incredible second.

Oh how I wish I had been Wisdom and could have seen all this firsthand!

No comments:

Post a Comment