Sunday, April 17, 2011

Passages That Make Your Eyes Glaze Over

The allotment for the tribe of the people of Judah according to their clans reached southward to the boundary of Edom, to the wilderness of Zin at the farthest south. And their south boundary ran from the end of the Salt Sea, from the bay that faces southward...
Joshua 15:1-2 English Standard Version

I'm reading through Joshua right now and it's hard for me to read chapter after chapter of place names and borders and seas and hill countries that I cannot visualize in my head.

Does anyone know a good resource (preferably online) of really detailed Biblical maps by era so that as I'm reading these passages I can print them out and draw the boundaries myself?

Otherwise my eyes glaze over and I glean nothing from these portions of Scripture, except perhaps that God is a god of detail and that the Old Testament is not only a spiritual encouargement but an accurate historical record.

No comments:

Post a Comment